Resources For Pro Bono Advocates
Pro Bono Advocates are an important part of the effort to provide legal assistance to low-income individuals and families.
The Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network programs work with their local bar associations to provide pro bono referral systems in many counties in Pennsylvania.
PLAN, Inc. also operates and maintains PAProbono.net, a website designed to support advocates in their efforts to provide legal aid to the poor.
PAProbono.net is an online legal community that provides information and resources for pro bono attorneys, legal aid attorneys, public defenders, and other legal advocates interested in increasing access to justice.
Civil Law Practice Area
The Pennsylvania Civil Law Practice Area of PAProbono.net contains information and resources relating to the non-criminal practice of law in Pennsylvania, including family law.
To access or contribute resources, you must be an approved member of the practice area.
You are eligible for membership in this area if you are:
- a public interest attorney;
- a law school student or faculty member; or
- a private attorney actively engaged in pro bono work or willing to become actively involved in pro bono by accept a pro bono case within the next six months.
The Civil Law Practice area contains many resources designed to help advocates in their representation of needy clients including:
- News - Items and alerts on issues of interest to advocates representing low-income individuals.
- Calendar - Listings of CLE Training Events and other events of interest. Events can be viewed by date, location or topic and members can add their own events to the calendar.
- Cases - Listing of cases where you can volunteer to help in representing individuals and families in need of legal assistance.
- Library - Resource materials to support you in your representation of clients in need of assistance. Resources include pleadings, briefs, legal reference materials, manuals and other training materials.
- Discussions - Groups you can join to participate in e-mail discussions about issues relating to the representation of clients needing assistance.
ProBono Advocate Resources
Pro Bono News
- NLADA Extends Deadline for Annual Conference Award Nominations to Sept.5
- ABA to Honor 2014 Pro Bono Publico Award Recipients
- LASP Seeks Applicants for Employment Opportunity Legal Corps (EOLC) Fellow
- Applicants Sought for Employment Opportunity Legal Corps Fellowship
- IAN and NCLR Launch New Immigration Mobile App
- NLADA Seeks Nominations for Annual Conference Awards
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Video Offers Insights on Courtroom Interviews of Children in Custody Cases