Resources For Pro Bono Advocates
Pro Bono Advocates are an important part of the effort to provide legal assistance to low-income individuals and families.
The Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network programs work with their local bar associations to provide pro bono referral systems in many counties in Pennsylvania.
PLAN, Inc. also operates and maintains PAProbono.net, a website designed to support advocates in their efforts to provide legal aid to the poor.
PAProbono.net is an online legal community that provides information and resources for pro bono attorneys, legal aid attorneys, public defenders, and other legal advocates interested in increasing access to justice.
Civil Law Practice Area
The Pennsylvania Civil Law Practice Area of PAProbono.net contains information and resources relating to the non-criminal practice of law in Pennsylvania, including family law.
To access or contribute resources, you must be an approved member of the practice area.
You are eligible for membership in this area if you are:
- a public interest attorney;
- a law school student or faculty member; or
- a private attorney actively engaged in pro bono work or willing to become actively involved in pro bono by accept a pro bono case within the next six months.
The Civil Law Practice area contains many resources designed to help advocates in their representation of needy clients including:
- News - Items and alerts on issues of interest to advocates representing low-income individuals.
- Calendar - Listings of CLE Training Events and other events of interest. Events can be viewed by date, location or topic and members can add their own events to the calendar.
- Cases - Listing of cases where you can volunteer to help in representing individuals and families in need of legal assistance.
- Library - Resource materials to support you in your representation of clients in need of assistance. Resources include pleadings, briefs, legal reference materials, manuals and other training materials.
- Discussions - Groups you can join to participate in e-mail discussions about issues relating to the representation of clients needing assistance.
ProBono Advocate Resources
Pro Bono News
- Legal Services Corporation Seeking Proposals for 2015 Pro Bono Innovations Grants
- Indiana County President Judge William J. Martin Receives PA Bar Association Judge's Award
- 2015 Summer Internship in Environmental and/or Energy Law
- Pro Bono and Public Service Awards Presented at Lycoming Law Association Annual Banquet
- New Website Launched on Unaccompanied Minors
- Nominations Open for 2015 ABA Pro Bono Publico Awards
Pro Bono Events
- Feb 02: LSC Pro Bono Innovation Fund Information Webinar
- Mar 12: Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts New Volunteer Orientation and CLE
- Feb 19: Diversity & Inclusion in Law Practice 2015 (Webcast)
- Mar 16: Philadelphia VIP Annual Awards Ceremony
- Jan 28: Criminal Bars to DAPA (Webinar)
- Feb 06: Collaboration and Conflict: Litigating Felony Sex Trafficking Cases 2015 (Webcast)
- Jan 23: Mortgage Foreclosure - Philadelphia