PLAN Statewide Training Conference
2015 Pennsylvania Legal Aid Conference
The 2015 Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network Conference was held on October 1-2, 2015 at the Hilton Harrisburg Hotel.
CLICK HERE to view the Conference at a Glance listing the workshops for the conference.
Resources from the workshops presented at the conference are available at the workshop links below.
- Ethical, Effective Communications for Civil Legal Aid Programs - Delivering the Civil Legal Aid Message [Ethics]
- Rents, Utility Allowances, Criminal Histories & Other Issues in HUD-assisted & Low Income Housing Tax Credit Housing
- Roundtable on Wage Enforcement with Labor & Industry
- Sexual Violence Protection Orders
- Navigating the Deregulated Utility Markets
- Client Utility Roundtable
- Communications Planning in PA
- How to work with Nursing Home Ombudsmen to Achieve Client Goals
- Effective Mediation as a Legal Services Tool
- Avoiding Property Tax Sales: Non-Bankruptcy Litigation and Legislation
- Medical/Legal Partnerships
- Chapter 14 in 2015: An Overview & Update of Billing & Collection Standards
- Client Board Leadership - Part I
- Donor & Constituent Behavior
- Tactics for Obtaining Relief in Protection from Abuse Actions
- Tips for Defending Mortgage Foreclosure Actions
- Errant Judges: What is a Lawyer to Do?
- SSI Income & Resources – What Every Legal Advocate Needs To Know
- Landlord and Tenant Potpourri
- Effective Messaging to Capture & Motivate Donors
- Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy: How to File a Chapter 7
- Changes to the Child Protective Services Law & the Impact on Your Legal Practice
- Universal Service Program Overview & Update
- Office of Consumer Affairs and its Relevance to Legal Aid Clients
- HEMAP Appeals
- Client Board Leadership - Part II
- Digital Fundraising
- Using Bankruptcy to Prevent Evictions & Protect Section 8 Benefits
- PFA: Contempts & Collateral Estoppel
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS): Is the Future of Managed Care?
- A Dialogue Between Law Schools & Legal Aid Providers
- Taking the Plunge Into Social Media
- Enforcing Equal Access to Vital Services on Behalf of Limited English Proficient Clients Under Title VI and Other Laws
- Immigration 101: What Legal Services Providers Need to Know
- No Disparate Impact, No Problem: Criminal Record Employment Discrimination Under State Law
- Legal Services and Pro Bono: Where do we go from here?
- Stalking as a Form of Abuse
- Tips & Strategies for Working More Effectively with CAOs
- Accessing Federal Grant Funding and Other Resources for Civil Legal Aid
- Accommodations for the Pregnant Worker
- Accessing Drug & Alcohol Treatment
- Overview of IRS Tax Controversies Affecting Low Income Taxpayers
- Evidentiary Social Media